Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos and other training documentation as they are available.
Training and tutorials
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff:
- Learn more about Provider Pathways .
- In order to launch the Provider Pathways orientation you must first complete a short registration/attestation by selecting here https://chkmkt.com/ProviderPathways-WNY.
- Provider CME/CEU Educational Webinars
- Provider education webinar invite - Voluntary Foster Care
- Annual CAHPS® Survey-Smoking Cessation Education
- BH Interactive Care Reviewer Training Presentation
- Children and Family Treatment and Support Services Training Guide
- Children and Family Treatment and Support Services Brochure
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Overview
- General Provider Orientation
- HEDIS® 101 for providers: Improving quality of care
- Provider Digital Engagement
- Provider enrollment application
- Annual Cultural Competency Attestation
- Provider FAQ for Billing and Provider Resources
Schedules and registration
There are many on-demand videos and reference documents to help you understand the Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR), our online medical and behavioral health self-service authorization tool. To access these tutorials:
- In Availity, Access Your Custom Learning Center from Applications
- Select Catalog from the menu located on the upper left corner of the screen
- Select Interactive Care Reviewer from the Category menu
- Click Apply
- Select Enroll on the course you want to take.
Cultural competency resources
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patient website offers learning experiences, techniques, and helps you to provide the individualized care every patient deserves regardless of their diverse backgrounds.
Improving the Patient Experience
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The provider manual provides key administrative information, including the quality improvement program, the Utilization Management program, quality standards for participation, claims appeals, and reimbursement and administration policies.
Learn about Availity
You can access many of the tools you need from your Availity Portal account — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinician’s tool for identifying risky substance use behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders. The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
If you wish to print SBIRT educational materials, please review the links below to obtain a downloadable flier and brochure. For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations representative.
Provider tools and resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Precertification lookup tool
- Precertification requirements
- Claims overview
- Member eligibility & pharmacy overview
- Provider manual and guides
- Training Academy
- Pharmacy information
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)