Credentialing with BlueCross BlueShield
Credentialing is the process BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York uses to evaluate and select licensed independent practitioners to provide care to our members.
BlueCross BlueShield uses the
Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) ProView
application for credentialing. This secure and private website reduces the amount of paperwork you need to fill out to complete the credentialing process.
Credentials are evaluated according to criteria set forth in our policy to ensure the competency and conduct of the health care professionals serving members in our network.
All providers applying for initial or continuing participation are required to complete and submit their credentialing and recredentialing applications through CAQH ProView. Below are some helpful hints and things to remember when using ProView.
- Register with CAQH (if you are not already registered). You
may also self-register
via a secure and private website.
- Authorize BlueCross BlueShield so we can access your credentialing information. If you already registered with CAQH, you will need to give us permission to review your information. (If you selected Global Authorization, BlueCross BlueShield will already have access to your data.)
To authorize BlueCross BlueShield:
- Go to
and enter your username and password.
- Select the cogwheel in the upper right and then select Authorize.
- Scroll down, locate BlueCross BlueShield and check the box beside BlueCross BlueShield.
- Select Save to submit your changes.